Yup, that's me - The Next Big Thing. And I think I'm a day late. Oopsy. Anyway, moving past that.
Here's the deal: Mysti Parker has tagged me in the Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Thank you, Mysti! You always know just what to do and say. Okay, that sounded weird. Anyway...
This blog hop is like a game of virtual tag. I get to answer ten questions about my Work In Progress and tag 5 other authors for next week. So beware.
In the meantime, let's have some fun with the questions about my WIP.
1. What is the working title of your book?Isn't it obvious from the cover? Okay, since it's not actually my cover (would be pretty awesome if it was), I'll say it again. My WIP is titled Saving Grace and I don't think I'll change the name (so it's actually a permanent title). It fits too well with it's triple meaning.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?Honestly... I don't remember. I know there was a spark that made me want to write about Angels and Demons, but I can't remember exactly what it was.
What I did want to write was a story in which everyone might wonder which guy they should root for. I think I might have succeeded for the first 10 chapters or so.
3. What genre does your book fall under?Urban Fantasy.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
|Nate - I mean Nathaniel, sorry|
Ah, crap. Can I use pictures? Yes? Well, here they go - approximately.
The girls are pretty much keepers, because they just fit. I haven't found a suitable Blackwing yet - there's a shortage of awesome brunettes on this planet.
What I gather is that, if all the books I know turn into movies, Thor will never be out of work :p
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?An Angel must come to terms with her nature in order to save the humans from themselves. (Eh, could've been better, but I never did one sentence synopsis - unless it's a really long, two page sentence)
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I'm not sure yet, since I haven't even finished editing it. I will send it out, but if I don't find a suitable home for it, I might just self-publish. Who knows?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
One month. Yup, churned out this 96 k words monster last November for NaNoWriMo. Now it's at about 108k words, after 1/3 edits. It will be huge by the end of this.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?Don't laugh, but I don't really read books in my genre. You heard me right. The most I read is YA, so... I wouldn't know what this is like.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?I guess that after I was done with the vampire trend, I had to stupidly start writing about Angels before realizing that it's their turn to choke the market. Hopefully, by the time I'm done with this, the buzz would subside. And I think the FAIL I considered the Fallen series and Hush, Hush to be sort of motivated me.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?Angel bitch fight! Lol, not kidding. Spark and Grace don't like each other at all.
Well, that was fun. Now I need to tag people, you say? Darn it. I have no idea who's been tagged already and who hasn't, but I'll give it a try.
Lauren Stewart - Ha, take that!
J Andrew Jansen
There, you're all IT!
This was fun.