Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birthday v 2.3

After many fixes and a couple of add-ons to my personality, I've finally released the latest version of myself. This is Steph version 2.3 In case all of this is confusing, what I meant to say is... today is my BIRTHDAY!! (blow trumpet, throw confetti).

Weird, but I'm still one of those people who are glad for a birthday. As a kid, I never celebrated them in style, and as a teenager, I was mostly away from home on this blessed day of August 13th. I mean, what can be cooler than being born on the 13th? : p

This is my first birthday as a blogger and my second as a serious writer (as in my second since I started contributing heavily to CritiqueCircle.)

I'm turning 23. I'm not afraid to share my age (yet) because I'm still fairly a kid. Mind you, I think I'm mentally stuck at 19, so there's no reason to worry much. Especially since my maturity level has remained somewhere on this level:
No, I didn't buy the hat     
Anyway, this year has been a busy one for me - what with finishing college, winning my first NaNoWriMo, learning a lot more about the craft of writing and made some new friends (which I'm probably most thankful for). I've also lost some friends, but that's not a biggie. It's better to find out how people are before you invest too much in a relationship.

Unfortunately, I don't have a published book (YET!) or anything else to give away, though I'd love to. So instead of giving stuff away, I will give info away. As a present to all the people out there, I will answer any question and curiosity you might have regarding me, my work and everything related.
So, if you want to know what's my favorite food, or how I plan to end a pesky piece of writing work, this is when I'm going to answer O:) I know it's not better than a free book, but I hope that next year I'll be able to do that.

Here are my plans for this new year: Get into judge training, and if not, at least get a paid job, get published (I'm trying to pull that off by the end of this year), get engaged (that's more up to my boyfriend than me :p), write another very fast and readable book in November (have an idea cooking).

I hope I'll be able to tell you next year that all that stuff has come true. Fingers crossed!

So, this is it! Happy Birthday to me. And I hope that this year will be at least as good as the last one and maybe a little easier (being 22 was really hard!)

I'll just leave you with a few of my mishaps around the years. So you can laugh at me mostly.

Trying to kill my cousin - needless to say, I failed

Yup, I like to climb on stuff - maturity level questionable

Fortunately, I didn't get mauled by that bear

Apparently, I have a thing for trying hats on

No comment - I had just turned 18 here
And this is me - balance challenged
 See you guys around!

Steph

PS: don't ask things that are too embarrassing O :)


6 comments:

  1. Hiya, Stef! You're right, being born on the 13th is the best. Especially in a month that starts with 'A'!

    Happy birthday, and I will think up a good birthday question to ask and post back later.

    --j--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Here's my question: When you're not studying/writing/trying on hats, what are you usually doing? I wish you the best of luck with your yearly goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great one, young lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    And to answer Lindsey's question: I do what all normal people do - waste my time in front of the TV, sometimes go out, but I think what I do most is plot in my head. I've written so much stuff in there, the harddrive is almost full :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday, Steph. I hope you had a great day!

    I have a question for you - mainly because I never knew what I wanted to do when I was at school/college: what made you want to study law / become a judge? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Coral!

    Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    Hmmm... to answer your question - I've always been a bit of an honesty freak and very vehement about the rights and wrongs. So I actually wanted to go to the Police Academy - but my Mom wouldn't let me, so did the next best thing ;) Go to law school. I made up my mind when I was in the 11th grade (two years before starting college) and I went with that.

    I'm not sure if I regret my decision, but my field of work, while interesting, is a lot more boring than I expected.

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)