Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNo - Day 2

Just in my second day and I realized my MC is a nutter who is all over the place. I know she's supposed to be confused, but I'm wondering if she's not actually a bit on the crazy side. She has serious identity troubles. And I have to make her grow. But it's kinda hard *insert frustrated moan here*

Another problem I'm having is with my male MC - I'm afraid I didn't make him likable enough. He's supposed to be anal, but still nice and everything. It's kinda hard for me to do that since I know what will happen in the end. Some times I wish I could just turn a part of my brain off and forget certain things. I guess I'll fix this when I edit. Right now I'm too busy wondering what to write next and how far along I should insert certain elements into the story.

Anyway, I've written my fingers off today in an attempt to produce something half-decent. And it's going pretty well so far (except the minor rants upstairs).

Now I have some chores to do, so no more writing for today. I'll see what else I can cook up today so I can write it down tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Day two and 6k + words. You're going to be taking half the month off, aren't you?

    Congratz on the pace. Keep pounding away at it!

    --j--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Steph! I wish I could write that fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're doing really well, Steph. And your word count is zooming along! Hope you manage to quieten your inner critic ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm trying, but things will get in the way this month, I can feel it. So I'm writing while I can, how fast I can.
    My inner editor shut up already. I'm too busy concentrating on the plot and what to type next O:)

    ReplyDelete

Show me the love :)